The laboratory of Dr. Zhizhan Gu at The Shum Yiu Foon Shum Bik ChuenMemorial Centre for Cancer and Inflammation Research (CCIR) & The Instituteof Integrated Bioinformedicine and Translational Science (IBTS) of Hong KongBaptist University, scm.hkbu.edu.hk/en/expertise/detail/expertise_86.html
is recruiting ONE Ph.D. student to start immediately.
Ph.D. student (or admitted as an M.Phil. student with possible transferto Ph.D. candidate status according to HKBU graduate school admission office’sregulations).
• Eligible full-timeMPhil and PhD students at the stage of pre-candidacy will receive a monthlystudentship of HKD$ 16,330/month;
• Eligible full-timePhD students at the stage of post-candidacy will receive a monthly studentshipof HKD$ 16,790/month.
Bachelor degree and above
1. Meet the standardHKBU university requirements:gs.hkbu.edu.hk/en/prospective/rpg/search_prog/adm_req/
2. Meet the additionalschool requirements:scm.hkbu.edu.hk/en/education/research_postgraduate_programmes/index.html#list1/0
3. English languagerequirements: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at 550(PBT)/79(IBT)* or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) at6.5. Kindly note that other than theoverall score of IELTS/TOEFL, the sub-scores will also be considered:
Reading: IELTS ≥5.5 (TOEFL≥18)
Listening: IELTS ≥5.5(TOEFL ≥18)
Speaking: IELTS ≥5.5(TOEFL ≥18)
Writing: IELTS ≥5.5(TOEFL ≥19)
a) Familiar with allgeneral cell biology, molecular biology & immunology techniques;
b) Familiar withconfocal microscopy, multiphoton microscopy & super-resolution imaging;
c) Familiar with livecell imaging;
d) Familiar with 3-Dcell/tissue culture;
e) Familiar withmicrofluidic devices;
f) Familiar with invivo mouse model studies;
g) Familiar withgenomics or proteomics data analysis.
People interested please contact Dr. Gu directly email@example.com and arrange two to three recommendation letters to besent to Dr. Gu directly.
PhD at Hong Kong Baptist University